Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Long time, no blog...

So, it's been forever since I wrote anything but blogging has been the last thing on my mind these days. I'm pregnant!! Wow...still a little weird. I'm at 10 weeks an counting and thankfully past the nausea. That sure was brutal! My husband and I have been trying for a while and were getting frustrated when it was happening for everyone around us but not working for us. You just never know what's gonna happen. We had started some infertility treatments and were really hoping we wouldn't have to go too far into it...thankfully we didn't.

It's been a very different experience for me. First of all, I never thought I wanted kids. For most of my life and the majority of my marraige my husband and I didn't think we wanted children. We were so focused on our careers that we didn't have time or room for anything else. Over the last 2-3 years we began to change our minds and now it's all we want. Crazy how that happens!

Ufortunately, I've had some minor complications. I have what's called low-lying placenta previa. In most cases it fixes itself so it should be fine. Until then, I'm on bed rest. Ugh. Talk about boring. I guess I'll have plenty of time to blog now, huh? This is really no surprise since, medically, I've always done things the hard way. I don't think I've ever had any kind of medical experience where something didn't go awry. I've got this!

Until next time (probably tomorrow) I bid you adieu!

3 comments:

  1. Your body sure does do things the hard way! But, so does mine! Damn genetics. We are so happy for you guys! Call me anytime if you are bored and yes, please write more! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you blogging. It's a great release for so many and you do have some time on your hands. Let me know if there is anything I can do to distract you from your situation... Love, B

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize that you started infertility treatments. Take care of yourself and stay in bed! Wish I were there to cook for you. Keep blogging. It's good for you.

    ReplyDelete