Thursday, January 28, 2010

Happy Days

My sister tagged me to list 10 things that make me happy so here it goes...



1. Having the day off on a rainy, gloomy day. I love cuddling up on the couch and listening to a thunderstorm.



2. A clean house. A clean house makes me feel comfortable and cozy. Although it's rare because my dogs drool and shed constantly. I would literally have to vaccum, mop, and dust every day to really feel like my house is clean.



3. Seeing results after I finish a project. I'm a very visual person. I love to clean, organize, and decorate because of the feeling it gives me when I'm done and I get to step back and look at the finished product.



4. Spending time with my family. Living so far away from all of them is hard on me. Time together is cherished.



5. Getting a compliment from a complete stranger. It's not something that happens often and it's not something that they owe me so I know it's sincere.



6. Laughing. The best medicine ever!



7. Singing. If I need to be up-lifted all I have to do is put in one of my favorite CD's and sing away.



8. Sleeping. I have never been a morning person and sleeping-in is my favorite thing to do. I used to let people make me feel bad about it. They would tell me that I've "slept the day away" or "I'll have plenty of time to sleep when I'm dead" but now I don't let it get to me. I'm ok with loving sleep so they should be too.

9. My dogs. I've never not had a dog. I just love animals and my dogs are like my children. It's such a good feeling to come home to such a loving being. No matter what, they're always happy to see me and they always put a smile on my face.

10. My husband. Even after 10 years I still can't wait to see him walk through the door.

2 comments:

  1. Great list, Babe! I love to see you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have always loved sleeping! Enjoy it before you have kids! You'll never get to sleep again. But, somehow, when it is your child crying and needing you, the lack of sleep isn't so bad!

    ReplyDelete