Saturday, December 5, 2009

Attack of the Christmas Tree


I LOVE CHRISTMAS!! In my opinion it's the best time of the year. People are happier, families come together (and I get to go home), and I get to do one of my favorite things....shop! I was a very lucky child. I grew up in a very loving household. My parents really did Christmas big and made it special for my sister and I. Therefore, today this time of year makes me feel all cozy inside.

Another one of my favorite things to do is decorate. I redecorate my house for every season and every holiday. Got that from my Mom. My husband and I built a house last year that was way too big for the two of us so this Christmas it's taken me 3 days to get everything done. Wreaths and garland are hanging, tabletops are overflowing with shiny, glittering nic nacs, and stockings are hanging from the mantel. As of Wednesday everything was done but the tree. Unfortunately, my tree has to sit up on some boxes to keep the branches from dragging the floor. This stinking tree is going in the garage sale next year....it's time for a new one. Anyway, I can't lift the huge thing and my husband was out of town for a few days so there it sat. No ornaments, no lights, no ribbon. Waiting for my husband to come home and lift it onto the boxes.

If you know me, you know I don't like to wait around for other people to get things done. I'm a no nonsense girl. A sense of urgency is key for me. Make a decision and move on! That's my motto. Anyway, I couldn't wait any longer. Surely I could lift the tree. Who needs a man??!!

....so if I just tilt the tree a little and slide the first box under, then I can lift and tilt the other way to slide the other box under. Easy, peasy....

Not so much. Just as I tilted the tree I heard some rustling and looked up. I forgot that I had left the star on the top and now it was tumbling toward my face. Please notice the multi-pointed star in the picture. One point hit directly below my eye and cut my face. I am so lucky to still have my right eye!! The other points hit my head and left me bleeding under my hair. At least no one can't see those injuries.

I guess that's what I get for being impatient. At least now it's done....but not without a little pain and suffering.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That's so weird! You and Amy both have facial injuries! You are so lucky it didn't hit you in the eye. The tree does look great, though, doesn't it? Wish I could see the whole house. I bet it looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you take more pictures of your decorating? The tree is so pretty! Glad you still have your eye!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Show us pictures of the whole house!! I wanna see!!! The tree looks be-autiful!!! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete