Monday, March 2, 2009

What This Woman Needs

I don't know about the rest of you ladies out there, but here's my heiracrchy of needs:

1. To be reminded that I'm worth it every once in a while.

2. A good glass of wine with good friends.

3. To hear the good news before I hear the bad news. Or for there to just be no bad news.

4. To know I will eventually get back home...no matter how long it takes.

5. To laugh so hard I cry.

6. To cry so hard I feel liberated.

7. To know that my decisions will be a good life lesson when they don't produce a good outcome.

8. A sexy pair of heels.

9. For my loved ones to be proud of my success and forgiving of my shortcomings.

10. Jason.

~not necessarily in this order~

So much for Maslow's little theory!

5 comments:

  1. Ummm,that is a great list! You left out dessert. That can be #11.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, we are proud of your successes! And what shortcomings? Bah. We don't admit we have shortcomings. We are Helen's granddaughters. Come on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Amy. I am SO very proud of you for so many reasons. And in this family, shortcomings are forgiven and forgotten very quickly because we all suffer from them. Love you so much! (And you will be home again soon.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I found your blog! I totally agree with your list, although there are times when #2 is at the top of the list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your quite the amazing, talented, thoughtful, beautiful woman. I feel blessed you married my brother. As for Maslow's theory, I think every woman should identify their needs and hang it in the bathroom, nail it to the garage door(okay maybe not),place in glove box in car... to be able to pull out and remember their needs are important! God does not close a door without opening a new one.....

    ReplyDelete