Thursday, February 26, 2009

Amusing Adages

Isn't it funny how the little sayings and comments made by your parents eventually rub off on you until one day you hear them flying out of your mouth like a winged bead of spittle? I was in the kitchen last night trying to fix dinner and as I was maneuvering from pantry to refrigerator to counter I nearly fell over and broke my neck. Now, to anyone who has a dog, you know what I'm getting at. My Lab, Neeman, God love him, is ALWAYS at my feet drooling and awaiting the next morsel that may fall onto the floor. This particular instance came about when I tried to take a step backwards not knowing he was right behind me and I lost my footing nearly tumbling to the floor. A nine year old dog, he's not very quick to react and just can't get out of the way fast enough. After I regained my composure and the frustration had made it's way to my mouth I screamed "Get out from under foot!".

That's when it happened. I became my mom. This is not a bad thing because I adore my mom but, nevertheless there it was. These words which had been bellowed at me so many times as a child were suddenly springing from my lips. The next thing I know I'm going to be saying "dad-burn-it" and "awww foot"!


Wassily Kandinsky

No comments:

Post a Comment